The Cleveland Browns placed another key starter on the reserve/COVID-19 list Thursday.
Center JC Tretter has tested positive. The president of the NFLPA took to Twitter on Thursday to share the news, while encouraging NFL players to "take every precaution available to them to protect themselves, their families and their teammates from this virus."
Tretter joins more than a dozen teammates on the COVID list, including quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Case Keenum, running back Kareem Hunt, wideout Jarvis Landry and offensive tackle Jedrick Wills. Cleveland did activate safety Grant Delpit and offensive tackle James Hudson off the COVID list Thursday.
It remains to be seen which other players will be available for Saturday's game against the Packers, though Mayfield is expected to play. Coach Kevin Stefanski, who also recently tested positive, cleared protocols and returned to the team facility Wednesday.
Per the NFL's updated COVID protocols, fully vaccinated players who test positive can clear protocol within one day if they register two negative tests and are asymptomatic.
- The Atlanta Falcons placed defensive end Marlon Davidson on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Running back Cordarrelle Patterson (not injury related) did not practice.
- Arizona Cardinals running back James Conner (heel), wideout Rondale Moore (ankle) and Max Garcia (knee) are questionable for Saturday's game against the Colts. Defensive lineman Jordan Phillips (knee) is out versus the Colts but is expected back before end of the regular season.
- Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson (ankle) did not practice for a second consecutive day. If Jackson continues to sit, Tyler Huntley will start under center for a second straight week. The Ravens placed tight end Josh Oliver on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Buffalo Bills activated linebacker Tyrel Dodson from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Carolina Panthers placed center Pat Elflein, guard/tackle Dennis Daley and practice squad defensive end Austin Larkin on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Wide receiver D.J. Moore (hamstring) was a DNP at practice once again.
- The Chicago Bears removed quarterback Andy Dalton and defensive end Mario Edwards from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Quarterback Justin Fields (ankle) did not practice Thursday. Kick returner Jakeem Grant (concussion) did not practice for a second day in a row. Chicago placed defensive lineman Akiem Hicks on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow (finger) and running back Joe Mixon (ankle) were full participants in practice Thursday.
- The Dallas Cowboys placed receiver Simi Fehoko, safety Malik Hooker and running back JaQuan Hardy on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Defensive tackle Osa Odighizuwa was removed from the COVID list.
- The Denver Broncos placed center Lloyd Cushenberry and offensive tackle Drew Himmelman on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Detroit Lions placed wide receiver Trinity Benson on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Running back D'Andre Swift (shoulder) was limited in practice.
- Green Bay Packers offensive linemen David Bakhtiari (knee) and Billy Turner (knee) are out for Saturday's game against the Browns.
- The Houston Texans designated defensive lineman DeMarcus Walker and wideout Danny Amendola to return to practice. The Texans also placed six players on the reserve/COVID-19 list, including offensive linemen Justin Britt and Tytus Howard.
- The Indianapolis Colts placed guard Mark Glowinski on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Center Ryan Kelly (personal) and safety Andrew Sendejo (concussion) are out Saturday versus the Cardinals.
- Jacksonville Jaguars running back James Robinson (knee) did not practice Thursday and wide receiver Laviska Shenault Jr. (shoulder/foot) was limited.
- The Kansas City Chiefs removed defensive lineman Chris Jones and cornerback Charvarius Ward from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Las Vegas Raiders running back Josh Jacobs was listed as a full participant a day after he was a DNP due to illness, while tight end Darren Waller (knee/back) was a DNP once again. The team placed offensive lineman Jermaine Eluemunor and safety Roderic Teamer on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Los Angeles Chargers safety Derwin James (hamstring) did not practice for a second day in a row. Tight end Donald Parham (concussion) was a DNP once again.
- The Los Angeles Rams activated defensive backs Antoine Brooks Jr. and JuJu Hughes and tight end Johnny Mundt from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Running back Cam Akers, who has not played this season after tearing his Achilles in July, has been designated to return to practice.
- The Miami Dolphins placed tight end Cethan Carter, offensive lineman Greg Mancz and linebacker Duke Riley on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Minnesota Vikings placed running back Dalvin Cook on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Cook, who is unvaccinated, tested positive and is out for Week 16. Minnesota also placed practice squad corner Tye Smith on the COVID list and activated receiver Dan Chisena and practice squad Kyle Hinton from the COVID list. Quarterback Kirk Cousins (ribs) was a full participant in Thursday's practice, while Adam Thielen (ankle) remained limited.
- New England Patriots running back Rhamondre Stevenson (illness) and wide receiver Nelson Agholor (concussion) did not practice Thursday.
- The New Orleans Saints placed quarterbacks Taysom Hill and Trevor Siemian, safeties Malcolm Jenkins and Jeff Heath, offensive linemen James Carpenter and Jordan Mills, linebacker Kaden Elliss, defensive end Jalyn Holmes and defensive tackle Christian Ringo on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Saints offensive linemen Terron Armstead (knee) and Ryan Ramczyk (knee) did not practice Thursday, while defensive end Marcus Davenport (shoulder) was limited.
- New York Giants coach Joe Judge said wideout Kadarius Toney, linebacker Oshane Ximines and safety J.R. Reed were cleared to rejoin the team Thursday from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- New York Jets offensive lineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif tested positive for COVID-19 and was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Quarterback Joe Flacco was also placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Philadelphia Eagles placed defensive end Ryan Kerrigan on the reserve/COVID-19 list and elevated defensive end Cameron Malveaux from the practice squad to the active roster. Quarterback Jalen Hurts (ankle) was limited in practice and offensive tackle Jordan Mailata (ankle) and running back Miles Sanders (quad) did not practice.
- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (pectoral/right shoulder) was limited in practice Thursday and tight end Pat Freiermuth (concussion) did not practice. Running back Anthony McFarland was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Tyler Lockett was activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Quarterback Russell Wilson (ankle) was a full participant for a second day in a row, but was on the injury report, and wide receiver DK Metcalf (foot) was limited for a second straight day.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette and linebacker Lavonte David were placed on IR Thursday. Wide receiver Antonio Brown (ankle) was limited in practice and receiver Mike Evans (hamstring) did not practice for a second day in a row. The Bucs placed wide receiver Jaelon Darden and defensive lineman Rakeem Nunez-Roches on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Tennessee Titans offensive tackle Kendall Lamm announced on social media that he has tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of Thursday night's game against the 49ers. Wideout A.J. Brown and defensive back Chris Jackson were activated from IR.
- The Washington Football Team activated quarterback Taylor Heinicke, linebacker David Mayo, tight end Temarrick Hemingway and safety Darrick Forrest from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Guard Zack Bailey was placed on the COVID list. Safety Landon Collins (foot), cornerback William Jackson III (calf) and running back Antonio Gibson (toe) did not practice. Kicker Joey Slye was designated to return from IR.
- The Chicago Bears signed linebacker Sam Kamara to the active roster and linebacker Ledarius Mack to the practice squad.
- The Denver Broncos signed running back Damarea Crockett to the practice squad.
- The Houston Texans are signing kicker Dominik Eberle to the practice squad, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Defensive back Grayland Arnold and linebacker Chris Smith were signed from the team's practice squad.
- The Kansas City Chiefs are signing punter Johnny Townsend, brother of K.C. starting punter Tommy Townsend, to its practice squad, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
- The Minnesota Vikings signed running back AJ Rose to the practice squad.
- The New York Jets signed defensive back Kai Nacua from the 49ers' practice squad.
- The Tennessee Titans activated wide receiver A.J. Brown (chest) off injured reserve ahead of tonight's game against the 49ers.
- The Washington Football Team released quarterback Jordan Ta'amu from the the practice squad.