There's some good news for the Eagles ahead of their "Thursday Night Football" tilt against the Giants.
Coach Doug Pederson anticipates offensive tackle Lane Johnson (ankle) and wideout DeSean Jackson (hamstring) will play Thursday night. Johnson nor Jackson have injury designations ahead of the matchup.
Here is other injury and roster news we're tracking on Wednesday:
- The Arizona Cardinals conducted a walk-thru on Wednesday, so their injury report was only an estimation. However, it listed DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) as did not practice along with Jordan Phillips (foot).
- The Cincinnati Bengals announced they signed defensive tackle Andrew Brown to the practice squad, and cleared Mike Daniels to return to practice by designating him for return from injured reserve. Running back Joe Mixon, who injured his foot in Week 6, did not practice Wednesday.
- The 49ers traded for Jets linebacker Jordan Willis, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. San Francisco sent New York a sixth-round pick in 2022 in exchange for Willis and a 2021 seventh-round selection. The fourth-year linebacker has appeared in just two games this season, registering only a fumble recovery. He was a third-round pick out of Kansas State by the Bengals in 2017. Coach Kyle Shanahan said offensive tackle Trent Williams (ankle) will not practice Wednesday and will be questionable throughout the week. An MRI showed Williams' ankle is not broken and his injury wasn't high on the ankle. Shanahan said he doesn't expect cornerback Richard Sherman (calf) or defensive end Dee Ford (back) to be available until after the bye week. The Niners promoted linebacker Joe Walker and signed Jonas Griffith to the practice squad.
- Panthers coach Matt Rhule said he doesn't anticipate running back Christian McCaffrey (ankle) playing this week versus the Saints. The All-Pro has missed Carolina's past four games.
- There's some good news for the Cleveland Browns secondary. Safety Ronnie Harrison cleared the concussion protocol and was a full participant in practice. Running back Kareem Hunt (ribs), safety Karl Joseph (hamstring), wide receiver Jarvis Landry (hip, ribs), quarterback Baker Mayfield (chest), tight end David Njoku (shoulder) and center JC Tretter (knee) were limited.
- The Detroit lions signed cornerback Chris Jones and placed defensive end Julian Okwara on the reserve/injured list. They also signed tackle Dan Skipper and tight end Matt Sokol to the practice squad and released punter Arryn Siposs. Defensive end Austin Bryant returned to practice Wednesday, while wide receiver Marvin Jones (knee) and defensive end Trey Flowers (wrist) were out.
- The Bills released offensive lineman Quinton Spain, who signed a three-year extension with the team in March. The sixth-year veteran started the first two games of the season for Buffalo and missed the last two while battling a foot injury. Linebacker Matt Milano (pectoral) was limited in Wednesday's practice, while wide receiver John Brown (knee) was out.
- New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice with ankle and hamstring injuries.
- New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold practiced Wednesday in a limited capacity. Darnold has not played since Week 4 because of a shoulder injury. Coach Adam Gase said there's a chance rookie wide receiver Denzel Mims plays Sunday versus the Bills, barring any setbacks. Wide receiver Jamison Crowder (groin) was added to the injury report and limited in practice. Wide receiver Breshad Perriman (knee, ankle) and offensive tackle Mekhi Becton (shoulder) were also limited.
- Jacksonville Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo has been designated to return from injured reserve. He's been out the past four weeks with a left hip injury. Linebacker Myles Jack (ankle) did not practice.
- The Tennessee Titans designated for return cornerback Adoree' Jackson from injured reserve.
- The Seattle Seahawks signed linebacker Mychal Kendricks to their practice squad. Kendricks is still awaiting sentencing on insider trading charges. The team also elevated veteran safety Damarious Randall to the active roster.
Safety Jamal Adams (groin) did not practice on Wednesday.
"I watched him work out today, and he's working out really hard. He's getting really close. It's getting real positive that he has a chance to get back here soon," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said of Adams.
- The Las Vegas Raiders placed offensive tackle Trent Brown on the reserve/COVID-19 list and have begun contact tracing, per Pelissero. Raiders coach Jon Gruden said he sent home all five of the team's starting offensive linemen. Linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski, who's been out the past two games with a pectoral injury, was full-go in practice. Defensive end Carl Nassib (toe) was limited.
- The Los Angeles Rams designated defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson to return from injured reserve.
- Atlanta wide receiver Julio Jones (hamstring) and defensive end Takkarist McKinley (groin) did not practice. Wide receiver Calvin Ridley (elbow) was limited.
- The Buffalo Bills signed defensive tackle Justin Zimmer to the 53-man roster. The third-year lineman made six tackles this past Monday versus the Chiefs after being elevated to the active roster that afternoon.
- Green Bay Packers offensive tackle David Bakhtiari (chest) and tight end Robert Tonyan (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.
- Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) and center Maurkice Pouncey (foot) did not practice.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette, who's missed the past two games with an ankle injury, was a full participant in Wednesday's practice. Tight end Rob Gronkowski (shoulder) did not practice.
- Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Mitchell Schwartz (back) and wide receiver Sammy Watkins (hamstring) did not practice.
- The New England Patriots activated defensive tackle Byron Cowart, guard Shaq Mason and defensive end Derek Rivers from the reserve/COVID-19 list. The Pats placed offensive lineman Jermaine Eluemunor on IR. Receiver Julian Edelman (knee), Mason (calf), Kyle Dugger (ankle) and DL Adam Butler were limited in practice.
- Washington Football Team defensive end Chase Young (groin) was limited in practice.
- Tennessee Titans linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (knee) did not practice.
- Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen (back), who left L.A.'s Week 5 game in the first half with back spasms, was limited in practice. Also limited were offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga (back), running back Justin Jackson (knee) and defensive tackle Linval Joseph (elbow). Guard Trai Turner (groin) did not practice, but quarterback Tyrod Taylor (ribs) was a full participant.