With Monday's insult came new injuries for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
No longer undefeated, Pittsburgh is dealing with a pair of ailments following its loss to the Washington Football Team.
Haden hasn't missed a game this season, and only safety Minkah Fitzpatrick has logged more defensive snaps. Spillane's injury is the latest in a string of those to Steelers linebackers; former first-round LB Devin Bush and edge rusher Bud Dupree are both out for the season with torn ACLs.
On the bright side, Tomlin said he is hopeful that cornerback Steven Nelson (knee) can return to play this week after a short absence and that running back James Conner and center Maurkice Pouncey will be activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Pittsburgh takes on the Buffalo Bills on Sunday Night Football in Week 14.
Here's other injury and roster news we're tracking on Monday:
- The Baltimore Ravens are getting close to full strength ahead of tonight's game against the Dallas Cowboys. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that defensive linemen Calais Campbell (calf) and Brandon Williams (ankle) are expected to return to the lineup tonight. Both were questionable heading into the day and missed the Ravens' Week 12 loss to the Steelers after also appearing on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The team activated cornerback Anthony Averett from injured reserve and activated cornerback Pierre Desir and tight end Eric Tomlinson from the practice squad ahead of Tuesday night's game.
- The Cleveland Browns announced that guard Wyatt Teller has been placed on the team's reserve/COVID-19 list. Wide receiver Taywan Taylor also was placed on injured reserve due to a neck injury and defensive end Porter Gustin was activated off the COVID list.
- The Arizona Cardinals activated receiver Larry Fitzgerald from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Fitzgerald missed two games while on the list.
- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Auden Tate underwent successful shoulder surgery Tuesday morning by Dr. James Andrews to repair a torn labrum, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. Tate is looking at a four-to-six month recovery and should be ready for training camp. Tate finished the 2020 season with 14 catches for 150 yards in nine games played. The 2018 seventh-round pick has one year left on his rookie deal.
- The Tennessee Titans placed receiver Adam Humphries on injured reserve.
- Washington coach Ron Rivera had no update Tuesday morning on the status of running back Antonio Gibson, who left Monday's win with a toe injury.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed offensive lineman Ted Larsen to their practice squad.
- The Dallas Cowboys elevated offensive tackle Jordan Mills and cornerback Saivion Smith from the practice squad ahead of Tuesday's game against Baltimore.
- The Green Bay Packers are expected to place defensive lineman Billy Winn (triceps) and kick returner Tyler Ervin (foot) on injured reserve, Pelissero reported. Ervin is unlikely to need surgery, but will likely miss a month, so his season could be over, Pelissero added.
- The San Francisco 49ers have released wideout Jordan Matthews from their practice squad.
- The New York Jets have signed defensive back Elijah Campbell to the active roster and linebacker Brady Sheldon to the practice squad.
- The Las Vegas Raiders are bringing in veteran running back Spencer Ware for a visit, Pelissero reported, per the transaction wire.
- Los Angeles Rams running back Cam Akers (shoulder) and defensive lineman Michael Brockers (knee) were limited in practice on Tuesday. Coach Sean McVay told reporters Tuesday that he believed Akers and Brockers would play on Thursday against the Patriots.
- The New England Patriots listed 14 players as limited on Tuesday, including quarterback Cam Newton (abdomen), guard Shaq Mason (calf), cornerback J.C. Jackson (hip/knee) and kicker Nick Folk (back).