The Pittsburgh Steelers need to win and some help to get in the playoffs. They got some help on the former front Saturday.
Cornerback Joe Haden and center Kendrick Green were activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Both are starters for Pittsburgh, which takes on Baltimore in a must-win Week 18 for both teams. The Steelers' path to a postseason bid is a bit easier -- they need a victory coupled with a Jaguars win over the Colts and the Chargers-Raiders game to not end in a tie.
Having Haden and Green should better their cause against the Ravens. The veteran corner has seen his usage increase since returning from a midseason foot injury. Green had started every game of his rookie campaign before last week.
The team will also be without defensive coordinator Keith Butler after it was announced that he will not be coaching due to COVID-19 protocols. Butler's duties will be handled by coach Mike Tomlin and senior defensive asst/secondary coach Teryl Austin.
Wideout James Washington is also set to miss the game after being placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow (rest/knee) and defensive tackle D.J. Reader (rest) have been ruled out versus the Browns.
- Cleveland Browns cornerback Denzel Ward, who was listed as questionable with a groin injury, was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Saturday. Linebacker Malcolm Smith was also placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Running back D'Ernest Johnson was activated from the COVID list.
- Dallas Cowboys linebacker Keanu Neal (arm) did not return after getting hurt late against the Eagles. Earlier in the day, Dallas announced safety Donovan Wilson (illness) joined the team in Philadelphia after being listed as questionable. Safety Jayron Kearse and safety Darian Thompson were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The Cowboys activated tight end Blake Jarwin from IR.
- Denver Broncos linebacker Baron Browning (shoulder) is questionable to return versus the Chiefs. Prior to the game, Denver announced kicker Brandon McManus and punter Sam Martin have been medically cleared to play Saturday versus the Chiefs. Offensive tackle Bobby Massie (concussion) was added to the injury report and ruled out.
- The Detroit Lions activated offensive tackle Penei Sewell and offensive tackle Taylor Decker from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Sewell (thumb, illness) and offensive tackle Will Holden were added to the injury report and listed as questionable for Sunday versus the Packers.
- The Green Bay Packers activated offensive lineman Josh Myers off injured reserve.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars added wideout Tavon Austin to the injury report with a hamstring injury. He is questionable for Sunday versus the Colts.
- Kansas City Chiefs running back Darrel Williams suffered a toe injury against the Broncos. Head coach Andy Reid told reporters that Tyreek Hill dealt with a sore heel on Saturday, which was why he played sparingly.
- The Minnesota Vikings activated guard Ezra Cleveland, offensive tackle Christian Darrisaw and cornerback Parry Nickerson from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Tight end Ben Ellefson was activated from IR.
- Philadelphia Eagles center Brett Toth (knee), defensive tackle Marvin Wilson (eye) and defensive back Kary Vincent Jr. (foot) did not return after being listed as questionable against the Cowboys. Linebacker Shaun Bradley (shoulder) and tight end Tyree Jackson (knee) were ruled out in the second half.
- New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower (knee) has been downgraded to out for Sunday versus the Dolphins.
- The San Francisco 49ers activated cornerback Dontae Johnson, defensive back Jimmie Ward and cornerback K'Waun Williams from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Cornerback Emmanuel Moseley was activated from IR.
- The Seattle Seahawks placed Brandon Shell on IR and placed guard Kyle Fuller on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers activated guard Aaron Stinnie from IR.
- The Tennessee Titans did not activate running back Derrick Henry (foot) from injured reserve.
- The Washington Football Team placed tight end Ricky Seals-Jones on IR and linebacker Jordan Kunaszyk on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Tight end Sammis Reyes (hamstring) has been downgraded to out for Sunday versus the Giants.
- The Arizona Cardinals elevated tight end David Wells and linebacker Tahir Whitehead to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The Atlanta Falcons elevated wideout Austin Trammell from the practice squad.
- The Baltimore Ravens elevated safety Tony Jefferson, offensive tackle Jaryd Jones-Smith, defensive tackle Isaiah Mack and tight end Tony Poljan to the active roster.
- The Chicago Bears signed wideout Dazz Newsome to the active roster.
- The Cincinnati Bengals elevated quarterback Jake Browning, defensive tackle Mike Daniels, kicker Elliott Fry, safety Trayvon Henderson, defensive end Noah Spence, guard Keaton Sutherland, wideout Trent Taylor and defensive tackle Renell Wren.
- The Carolina Panthers added tight end Stephen Sullivan, running back Reggie Bonnafon, wide receiver C.J. Saunders, cornerback Madre Harper, defensive tackle Frank Herron and wide receiver Keith Kirkwood to the active roster.
- The Cleveland Browns elevated cornerback Brian Allen, safety Adrian Colbert, cornerback Herb Miller, defensive end Curtis Weaver and guard Hjalte Froholdt from the practice squad.
- The Dallas Cowboys elevated safety Tyler Coyle and running backs JaQuan Hardy and Ito Smith from the practice squad.
- The Detroit Lions elevated linebacker Tavante Beckett and offensive tackle Dan Skipper from the practice squad.
- The Green Bay Packers elevated defensive lineman Abdullah Anderson and linebacker La'Darius Hamilton from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Houston Texans elevated defensive lineman Michael Dwumfour, wideout Jalen Camp and linebacker Connor Strachan to the active roster.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars elevated punter Joseph Charlton, running back Nathan Cottrell, quarterback Danny Etling, wideout Josh Hammond and offensive linemen Badara Traore and Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms from the practice squad.
- The Las Vegas Raiders signed WR Tyron Johnson to the active roster, activated TE Derek Carrier from the reserve/injured list, released TE Daniel Helm and activated G Lester Cotton and DT Damion Square from the practice squad.
- The Los Angeles Rams activated defensive back Jake Garvase and signed defensive back Grant Haley from the practice squad, signed kicker Ryan Santoso to the practice squad and waived defensive back Juju Hughes.
- The Minnesota Vikings added tight end Zach Davidson, defensive end Kenny Willekes, linebacker Tuf Borland, cornerback Bryan Mills, safety Myles Dorn, defensive tackle T.Y. McGill and cornerbacks Parry Nickerson and Tye Smith to the active roster.
- The New York Jets released defensive lineman Shaq Lawson and safety Sharrod Neasman and activate wideout Tarik Black, defensive lineman Ronnie Blair and offensive lineman Ross Pierschbacher from the practice squad.
- The Philadelphia Eagles elevated running back Jason Huntley, defensive tackle Marvin Wilson, offensive tackle Kayode Awosika, linebacker Christian Elliss, defensive back Jared Mayden, defensive back Mac McCain, tight end Richard Rodgers, tight end Noah Togiai, offensive tackle Casey Tucker and defensive tackle Raequan Williams from the practice squad ahead of Saturday's game versus the Cowboys.
- The San Francisco 49ers elevated cornerback Darqueze Dennard, linebacker Mark Nzeocha and linebacker Curtis Robinson from the practice squad.
- The Seattle Seahawks added tight end Tyler Mabry, wide receiver Cody Thompson and defensive backs Michael Jackson and Josh Jones to the active roster.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed wide receiver Cyril Grayson to the active roster and elevated running back Kenjon Barner and tight end Darren Fells from the practice squad.
- The Tennessee Titans are elevating running back Jordan Wilkins, defensive lineman Da'Shawn Hand for Sunday's game versus the Texans. Defensive lineman Kevin Strong has also been promoted to the active roster.
- The Washington Football Team added defensive end William Bradley-King, safety Jeremy Reaves, fullback Alex Armah and tight end Temarrick Hemingway to the active roster.
- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan was fined $10,300 for taunting after a touchdown scramble in last week's loss to the #Bills, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.
- Cleveland Browns defensive end Jadeveon Clowney was fined $12,875 for throwing Steelers wideout Chase Claypool's shoe in Week 17, per Pelissero.