Starting cornerback Kendall Fuller played through the matchup with a wrist injury, which is believed to be a fracture, and the plan is for surgery Friday morning, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
How much time Fuller would miss remains to be seen, but his pending absence would represent a significant blow to an already shaky pass defense, which ranks last in the league, for a playoff-bound team.
Fuller was penalized for two critical penalties in Thursday night's game: a 5-yard defensive holding in the second quarter and pass interference in the end zone with eight seconds remaining in the game. The Chargers capitalized on both infractions by scoring touchdowns.
Here are other injuries we are monitoring Friday:
- Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen was diagnosed with a hip pointer and could miss some time, Rapoport reported. Allen suffered the injury in the second quarter of Thursday night's win over the Chiefs. Rapoport added that Allen has no structural damage and the injury is not expected to affect him long-term.
- Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson said quarterback Carson Wentz, who's dealing with a fracture in his back, is listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Rams. Backup signal-caller Nick Foles is expected to start the game, Rapoport reported. Pederson confirmed Wentz's injury will not need surgery.
"He has a stress injury that evolved over time and it won't require surgery," Pederson said. "If we put him out there, there has to be 100 percent that there is no risk of anything further."
Eagles linebacker Jordan Hicks (calf), defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan (back), cornerback Sidney Jones (hamstring) and guard Isaac Seumalo have all been ruled out. Defensive end Michael Bennett (foot), wide receiver Shelton Gibson (wrist) and safety Avonte Maddox are all listed as questionable.
- The New York Jets placed running back Isaiah Crowell on injured reserve Friday. Crowell is recovering from a toe injury.
- Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Sunday against the Lions. Cornerback Ryan Lewis is still in concussion protocol and has been ruled out. Kicker Stephen Hauschka (right hip), running back Chris Ivory (shoulder) and tight end Logan Thomas (hamstring) are all listed as questionable.
The Jaguars activated tackle Josh Wells from injured reserve and promoted defensive end Lyndon Johnson to the 53-man roster. The team also placed offensive lineman Josh Walker on injured reserve. They parted ways with safety Barry Church and tight end Niles Paul as well.
- Chicago Bears wide receiver Allen Robinson (hip) is questionable for Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers after being a full participant in practice. Safety Eddie Jackson (shin) also is questionable after sitting out Friday practice. Coach Matt Nagy, however, said he expects both players to play Sunday.
Steelers wide receiverRyan Switzer (ankle) is questionable and offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert (knee) has been ruled out.
- Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (right hip), cornerback Marlon Humphrey (groin), safety Tony Jefferson (ankle), linebacker/defensive back Anthony Levine (ankle), linebacker Tim Williams (ankle) and cornerback Tavon Young (groin) are listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Buccaneers. Guard Alex Lewis (shoulder) is doubtful. Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said Flacco will serve as Lamar Jackson's backup.
- Seattle Seahawks running back Rashaad Penny (knee), safety Maurice Alexander (concussion) and linebacker K.J. Wright have been ruled out for Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers. Guard D.J. Fluker (hamstring) is doubtful. Defensive tackle Jarran Reed (oblique), wide receiver Doug Baldwin (hip) and safety Bradley McDougald (knee) are all listed as questionable.