The Dallas Cowboys' season is nearly over, with the team sitting at 2-7 through nine weeks. The same can be said for their rookie cornerback.
Trevon Diggs suffered a fractured bone in his foot on Sunday afternoon and is out four to six weeks, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources. It's possible, given the timeline, that Diggs' first NFL campaign is done for.
Diggs has been a fixture in Dallas' secondary in his rookie year, logging 557 of a possible 596 defensive snaps, third-most on the team. The CB is coming off three of his best games to date and currently ranks as Pro Football Focus' No. 53 CB this season.
If he doesn't return to the Cowboys' secondary, Diggs will finish with two picks, 10 passes defensed, one forced fumble, one sack and 48 tackles.
In his stead, Dallas will likely rely on starters Anthony Brown and Jourdan Lewis, reserves Saivion Smith and C.J. Goodwin and returning defensive back Chidobe Awuzie, who was activated from injured reserve Tuesday.
Here's other injury and roster news we're tracking on Tuesday:
- Tennessee Titans defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (knee/illness), who did not practice on Monday, was a full participant on Tuesday, as was wide receiver A.J. Brown (knee), who also missed Monday's practice.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars announced they signed kicker Chase McLaughlin off Minnesota's practice squad to their active roster.
- Cleveland Browns wideout Odell Beckham underwent successful surgery to repair his left knee, the team announced.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have cleared defensive end Sam Hubbard to return to practice by designating him for return from the reserve/injured list.
- The Atlanta Falcons have signed linebacker Edmond Robinson from the practice squad to the 53-man roster, the team announced.
- The Indianapolis Colts have signed wideout DeMichael Harris to the 53-man roster from the practice squad, signed running back Darius Jackson to the practice squad and waived defensive end Ron'Dell Carter.
- New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton said on WEEI Tuesday morning that he is dealing with a sore neck after taking a big hit from Jets safety Ashtyn Davis in Monday night's win. Davis' hit on Cam was flagged for roughing the passer. "My neck is only working at a degree angle that shuts off the degrees to one side," Newton said. "My eye muscles are getting a lot of work in today. … I told the guys on the sideline, 'That's my fault and I deserved it.'" The Patriots are placing tight end Dalton Keene on injured reserve. The team also announced it claimed tight end Jordan Thomas off waivers from the Cardinals and that they released linebacker Cassh Maluia.
- New York Jets rookie offensive tackle Mekhi Becton left Monday's game with a chest injury. On Tuesday, head coach Adam Gase said that Becton had trouble breathing due to the chest injury and was held out of the remainder of the game as a precaution.
- Indianapolis Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (groin) was a full participant in practice on Tuesday for the second day in a row. Tight end Jack Doyle (concussion) did not participate.
- The Baltimore Ravens signed cornerback Tramon Williams to the 53-man roster and placed cornerback Khalil Dorsey (shoulder) on injured reserve.
- The Minnesota Vikings announced Tuesday they have placed long snapper Austin Cutting on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The team likewise activated linebacker Todd Davis from the reserve/COVID-19 list, waived (failed physical) linebacker Ben Gedeon and placed cornerback Holton Hill on injured reserve.
- The Philadelphia Eagles announced that a staff member tested positive for COVID-19. "The individual and close contacts who were identified through contact tracing have been placed in self-isolation," the team said in a statement." We are following the NFL-NFLPA intensive protocols and remain in close communication with the league."
- The New York Giants activated guard Will Hernandez off the reserve/COVID-19 list and activated former 49ers wideout Dante Pettis. The team waived cornerback Corey Ballentine.
- The Green Bay Packers have activated quarterback Jordan Love from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Denver Broncos announced they claimed cornerback DeVante Bausby off waivers (Arizona) and placed tight endAlbert Okwuegbunam (knee) on injured reserve.
- The Houston Texans activated three players from the reserve/COVID-19 list on Tuesday: linebackers Whitney Mercilus and Dylan Cole and offensive lineman Max Scharping.