Pittsburgh Steelers receiver James Washington is off the reserve/COVID-19 list.
The team announced the move Friday. Washington was placed on the list on Aug 2.
The reserve/COVID-19 list is used for any player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or comes in close contact with someone who contracted the virus. Teams do not specify which group a player falls in when going on the list.
Washington enters his third season in Pittsburgh coming off a breakout second year in which the Oklahoma State product compiled 44 catches for 735 yards and three touchdowns.
A deep threat, Washington is set to compete with rookie Chase Claypool for boundary-receiver duties alongside JuJu Smith-Schuster and Diontae Johnson.
To make room on the roster for Washington, the Steelers released undrafted linebacker John Houston out of USC.
Here is other news Around The NFL is monitoring:
- Longtime New York Giants long snapper and special teams ace Zak DeOssie announced his retirement via social media on Friday.
DeOssie is a two-time Super Bowl winner and two-time Pro Bowler who played all of his 13-year career with Big Blue. The 36-year-old had his 2019 season ended early by knee and wrist injuries. Also a linebacker, DeOssie was primarily a long snapper and special teams player who tallied 95 special teams tackles and was part of 10 postseason games with the Giants.
- The Houston Texans have placed receiver Kenny Stills on the NFI list with an unspecified illness, per the transaction wire.
- The San Francisco 49ers announced they have, as expected, signed former first-round pick Dion Jordan. The pass rusher played for the Raiders last season, but served a 10-game suspension for an Adderall violation.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have activated tight end Charles Jones and wide receiver Michael Walker from the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team announced Friday. The Jaguars now have three players on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Cleveland Browns activated wide receiver Ja'Marcus Bradley off the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team announced.
- The Miami Dolphins have activated defensive tackle Davon Godchaux, safety Brandon Jones and and defensive end Shaq Lawson from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Tennessee Titans placed defensive lineman Jack Crawford on the reserve/Covid 19-list on Friday, the team announced.
- The Atlanta Falcons announced that running back Craig Reynolds has been waived.
- The Detroit Lions announced that they have waived defensive tackle Daylon Mack due to a failed physical, per the wire.
- New Orleans Saints linebacker Kaden Elliss has been activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list, per the wire.
- The Philadelphia Eagles have waived defensive tackle Bruce Hector and defensive back Prince Smith, the team announced.