After consecutive days of negative COVID-19 test results, the New England Patriots and Tennessee Titans returned to the practice field on Saturday.
"We're looking forward to having everybody back in the building today," coach Bill Belichick said ahead of practice. "We've gone several days without being able to work together as a team."
Belichick indicated that quarterback Cam Newton and cornerback Stephon Gilmore -- two of three Patriots who tested positive for COVID-19 within the past week -- would not be practicing on Saturday. Belichick didn't speculate on whether they will be available to play in Week 5.
NFL Network's Michael Giardi reports that cornerback Devin McCourty is also not at practice but for reasons not injury or illness related.
Titans head coach Mike Vrabel also addressed the media before practice, and emphasized the team will have no excuses ahead of their rescheduled date with the Bills.
Vrabel revealed that rookie tackle Isaiah Wilson will be activated from the reserve/COVID list. Wilson was placed on the reserve list on Sept. 6. Practice squad cornerback Greg Mabin was also activated from the reserve/COVID list. As for A.J. Brown, who missed the Titans' last two games, Vrabel says the wideout continues to get treatment for the bone bruise in his knee and his status for Week 5 is to be determined. Both Brown and offensive tackle Taylor Lewan (shoulder) were later listed as questionable.
Here are other injury and roster news we're tracking on Saturday:
- Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Bashaud Breeland has been activated and will be available to play in Week 5, the team announced. Breeland was suspended for the first four games of the 2020 season for violation of league's substance-abuse policy. Defensive end Michael Danna was placed on injured reserve.
- Buffalo Bills linebacker Matt Milano (pec) is only player ruled out for Tuesday's Bills-Titans game. Cornerback Tre'Davious White (back) and receiver John Brown (knee) are among the seven questionable Bills players.
- The Minnesota Vikings are signing veteran safety George Iloka from their practice squad to the active roster, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports, per source. In a corresponding move, the team waived defensive end Eddie Yarbrough.
- Los Angeles Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey was fined $15,625 for unsportsmanlike conduct, while New York Giants wideout Golden Tate wasn't fined for his role in last week's postgame rumble, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. Also, Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald was fined $10,500 and Giants OL Nick Gates $6,922 for unnecessary roughness. The Rams activated linebacker Terrell Lewis to the active roster from the practice squad and waived defensive tackle Eric Banks.
- The Chicago Bears have moved rookie offensive lineman Badara Traore from the practice squad to the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- New Orleans Saints receiver Michael Thomas (ankle), defensive end Marcus Davenport (toe), cornerback Marshon Lattimore (hamstring), tight end Jared Cook (groin) and guard Andrus Peat (ankle) are all questionable for Week 5. Cornerback Janoris Jenkins (shoulder) has been ruled out.
- The Denver Broncos signed offensive tackle Jake Rodgers to the active roster from the practice squad and placed running back Levante Bellamy on injured reserve. Quarterback Drew Lock (shoulder), nose tackle Mike Purcell (knee) and linebacker Joe Jones (knee) are questionable. Tight end Noah Fant (ankle), receiver KJ Hamler (hamstring) and LB Jeremiah Attaochu (quad) are all out.
- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa (triceps/knee) and receiver Mike Williams (hamstring) are listed as questionable vs. the Saints. Offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga (back), guard Trai Turner (groin) and quarterback Tyrod Taylor (ribs/chest) are all out.
- San Francisco 49ers running back Jerick McKinnon was fined $9,857 for unnecessary roughness when he lowered his head to initiate contact with the helmet on his fourth-quarter touchdown last week against the Eagles, per Pelissero. No flag was thrown on the play.
- New York Jets defensive tackle Quinnen Williams was fined $25,000 for two infractions and defensive lineman Steve McLendon $15,000 for roughing the passer last week against the Broncos. The team also activated running back Le'Veon Bell off injured reserve, signed offensive lineman Jimmy Murray to the active roster and elevated quarterback Mike White and defensive back Lamar Jackson from the practice squad. Additionally, the Jets released LB Alec Ogletree and WR Josh Malone.
- The Seattle Seahawks elevated safety Damarious Randall from the practice squad. It's the second straight weekend Randall has been elevated.
- Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku was officially activated from injured reserve, as expected. Njoku will be available to play on Sunday after fully recovering from a knee injury sustained in Week 1. The Browns also promoted defensive tackle Joey Ivie to the active roster and signed Cameron Malveaux to their practice squad.
- The Indianapolis Colts announced guard Jake Eldrenkamp and wide receiver Marcus Johnson have been elevated to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The Philadelphia Eagles announced tight end Jason Croom and cornerback Elijah Riley have been elevated to the active roster from the practice squad. The team also signed cornerback Grayland Arnold to the active roster and activated wideout Quez Watkins and cornerback Craig James from injured reserve.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers elevated running back Trey Edmunds from the practice squad to the active /inactive roster for Sunday's game against the Eagles. After the game, Edmunds will automatically revert to the practice squad without having to pass through waivers.
- The Houston Texans have elevated linebacker Nate Hall and safety Jonathan Owens to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have downgraded pass rusher Josh Allen (knee) from questionable to out for Week 5. The club moved linebacker Quincy Williams and safety Jarrod Wilson to the team's 53-man roster from the reserve/injured-designated for return list. The Jags also utilized a practice squad standard elevation spot on defensive lineman Caraun Reid.
- The Miami Dolphins elevated defensive end Tyshun Render to the active roster for Sunday's game.
- The Washington Football Team have elevated tight end Temarrick Hemingway from the practice squad.
- The Atlanta Falcons have elevated cornerback Tyler Hall and linebacker Edmond Robinson from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Cincinnati Bengals elevated defensive tackle Kahlil McKenzie and cornerback Torry McTyer from the practice squad to the active roster for Sunday's game at Baltimore.
- The Las Vegas Raiders activated defensive end Datone Jones and defensive end Chris Smith from the practice squad.
- The San Francisco 49ers promoted cornerback Jamar Taylor from the practice squad, and activated CB Brian Allen and receiver Kevin White.