The Seattle Seahawks are getting another standout from their backfield back.
Running back Chris Carson, who has been sidelined since Week 4 with a neck injury, has been designated to return from injured reserve and is practicing Wednesday. He'll be joined, of course, by quarterback Russell Wilson.
The duo's absence coincided with a three-game losing streak for the Seahawks (3-5), though they beat the Jaguars before going on bye to remain in decent position to grab an NFC wild-card bid. Wilson's value is obvious, but Seattle has also struggled to run the ball in recent weeks while leaning on Alex Collins, Rashaad Penny, Travis Homer and DeeJay Dallas.
Carson was averaging 4.3 yards per carry upon going down down and still leads the team in rushing touchdowns (3). The fifth-year back still must officially be activated from injured reserve to be eligible to play Sunday versus the Packers.
"He's got to make it through the week of work," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told reporters. "He'll get banged around a little bit tomorrow, we'll see how he responds."
Wilson, who's been sidelined four weeks by a finger injury, is a bit further along. He's still technically on IR, but Carroll said Wilson would be considered a "full participant" in practice based on how he looks.
- Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott (knee), wide receiver Amari Cooper (hamstring) and defensive end Randy Gregory (calf) were limited in practice Wednesday. Offensive tackle Tyron Smith (ankle) was out, but coach Mike McCarthy said he's "making progress." McCarthy does not expect kicker Greg Zuerlein, who was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday, to be available for Sunday's game against the Falcons. The team plans to work out kickers Lirim Hajrullahu and Brett Maher.
- New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara (knee) and offensive tackle Terron Armstead (knee, shoulder) did not practice. The Saints designated defensive back Ken Crawley to return from practice and activated wide receiver Lil'Jordan Humphrey from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Tennessee Titans linebacker Bud Dupree (knee) and defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons (ankle) did not practice. Wide receiver A.J. Brown (knee) was limited.
- The Cleveland Browns designated linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (ankle) to return from injured reserve and placed offensive lineman Nick Harris on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Defensive end Myles Garrett (foot) and wide receiver Jarvis Landry (knee) did not practice Wednesday, while quarterback Baker Mayfield (shoulder, foot) and defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (ankle, knee) were limited.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Chris Godwin (foot) was added to the injury report and did not practice. Tight end Rob Gronkowski (back) and wide receiver Antonio Brown (ankle) were also out.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said quarterback Kyler Murray (ankle) and wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) are still day to day and wide receiver A.J. Green remains on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Long snapper Aaron Brewer will be out multiple weeks with a broken arm.
- Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa (finger) is questionable for Thursday's game against the Ravens. The Dolphins placed offensive lineman Greg Mancz on IR.
- Minnesota Vikings offensive lineman Dakota Dozier was hospitalized due to complications stemming from a bout with COVID-19, Rapoport reported. Dozier, who was placed on the reserve/COVID list last Friday, is in stable condition.
- Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Sammy Watkins (thigh) is questionable for Thursday versus the Dolphins. Running back Latavius Murray (ankle) is doubtful.
- The Carolina Panthers designated wide receiver Brandon Zylstra and guard Deonte Brown to return from IR.
- The Atlanta Falcons designated linebacker Dante Fowler to return from IR.
- The Cincinnati Bengals placed cornerback Chidobe Awuzie on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Tennessee Titans designated cornerback Kristian Fulton (hamstring) to return from IR.
- Washington Football Team running back Antonio Gibson (shin) and wide receivers Dyami Brown (knee) and Cam Sims (hamstring) were limited in practice. Wide receiver Curtis Samuel (groin) did not participate.
- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeVonta Smith (elbow) was limited in practice, while cornerback Darius Slay (hamstring) was out.
- Detroit Lions running back Jamaal Williams (thigh) did not practice. Defensive back Ifeatu Melifonwu was designated to return from IR. Defensive end Jashon Cornell was placed on the reserve/non-football illness list.
- Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence (ankle) and offensive lineman Cam Robinson (back) were limited in practice. Running back James Robinson (heel) and and linebacker Myles Jack (knee) were out.
- Indianapolis Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (concussion), linebacker Darius Leonard (ankle) and guard Quenton Nelson (ankle, toe) were limited in practice. Cornerback Xavier Rhodes (calf) was out.
- The Arizona Cardinals activated tight end Demetrius Harris from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Denver Broncos activated tight end Noah Fant off the reserve/COVID-19 list. The Broncos listed cornerback Patrick Surtain II (knee), offensive tackles Garett Bolles (ankle) and Bobby Massie (ankle), receiver Tim Patrick (knee), outside linebacker Malik Reed (hip) and defensive end Shelby Harris (illness) among the players who did not practice.
- New England Patriots running backs Damien Harris (concussion) and Rhamondre Stevenson (concussion) did not practice. Tight end Jonnu Smith (shoulder) and linebacker Dont'a Hightower (ankle) were limited. Offensive tackle Trent Brown was designated to return to practice.
- Green Bay Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari (knee), who has yet to play this season, was activated from the physically unable to perform list. Defensive lineman Kenny Clark (back), wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown (ankle) and cornerback Eric Stokes (knee) were limited in the team's estimated practice report.
- The Las Vegas Raiders placed defensive tackle Darius Philon on IR.
- The San Francisco 49ers placed offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey on IR.
- New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson (knee), wide receiver Corey Davis (hip) and running back Tevin Coleman (hamstring) were limited in practice. Offensive tackle Conor McDermott was designated to return to practice.
- Buffalo Bills running back Zack Zack Moss (concussion), wide receiver Cole Beasley (ribs) and linebacker Tremaine Edmunds (hamstring) did not practice. Tight end Dawson Knox (hand) was limited.
- Kansas City Chiefs running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire was designated to return to practice.
- Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Chase Claypool's toe injury is not considered season-ending, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Claypool exited early in the Steelers' win over the Bears on Monday. He is considered week to week, Rapoport added.
- The Philadelphia Eagles signed running back Jordan Howard to active roster.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed tight end Darren Fells and wide receiver Breshad Perriman to the practice squad and released wide receiver John Hurst and tight end Deon Yelder from the practice squad.
- The Carolina Panthers added guard Patrick Omameh to the practice squad and finalized the signing of quarterback Matt Barkley to the active roster.
- The Tennessee Titans signed quarterback Kevin Hogan and wide receiver Chris Rowland to the practice squad and cornerback Chris Jones to the active roster.
- The Atlanta Falcons signed cornerback Lafayette Pitts to the practice squad.
- The Miami Dolphins signed center Cameron Tom to the active roster.
- The Arizona Cardinals signed tight end Alex Ellis, long snapper Kyle Nelson and wide receiver Darrius Shepherd to the practice squad.
- The Houston Texans signed Demone Harris to their practice squad and released offensive lineman Carson Green from the practice squad.
- The Detroit Lions claimed wide receiver Josh Reynolds off waivers from the Titans, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
- The Las Vegas Raiders signed defensive tackle Kendal Vickers to the active roster and signed wide receiver Jeff Badet to the practice squad.
- The San Francisco 49ers promoted offensive lineman Colton McKivitz to the active roster and released linebacker Christian Eliss.
- The Denver Broncos claimed defensive back Mac McCain III off waivers from the Eagles.
- The Los Angeles Rams elevated defensive back Antoine Brooks Jr. from the practice squad.
- New England Patriots defensive tackle Byron Cowart's practice period expired while he's on the PUP list.