Rob Gronkowski's rib injury will keep him out for at least one more week.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end will not play in Sunday's in-state battle with the Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay coach Bruce Arians told reporters Friday.
The good news for Tampa: Edge rusher Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder) and corner Jamel Dean (knee) will both play Sunday, per Arians. Safety Antoine Winfield Jr. (concussion) and defensive lineman Patrick O'Connor (calf) were ruled out.
Gronkowski suffered his injury during the Bucs' loss to the Rams at SoFi Stadium and managed to return to action later in the game. It wasn't until afterward the Bucs and Gronkowski came to realize the significance of his injury, which will sideline him for at least two games when including Sunday's meeting with the Dolphins.
The Buccaneers will again turn to Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard to help fill in for Gronkowski. The two saw seven combined targets, with Brate catching two of his six targets for 29 yards. Howard did not haul in his lone target, but the weather conditions weren't exactly conducive for an air show Sunday night in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
- Cincinnati Bengals coach Zac Taylor said running back Joe Mixon will practice Saturday to see if he can play Sunday versus the Packers. Mixon is listed as questionable. Wide receiver Tee Higgins (shoulder) was full-go Friday and does not have a game status designation. Wide receiver Mike Thomas (ankle) is doubtful. Taylor added that offensive lineman Xavier Su'a-Filo (knee) will go on injured reserve with safety Ricardo Allen taking his spot on the active roster.
- Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook (ankle) is questionable for Sunday against the Lions Defensive tackle Michael Pierce (elbow) is out.
- Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) is doubtful for Sunday versus the Eagles.
- Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett (knee/ankle soreness), offensive tackle Jedrick Wills (ankle), cornerback Denzel Ward (neck), defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (elbow), center JC Tretter (knee/back), cornerback cornerback Troy Hill (toe), defensive end Takkarist McKinley (knee) and tight end David Njoku (knee) are questionable for Sunday versus the Chargers. Offensive lineman Chris Hubbard is expected to have season-ending surgery on his triceps, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
- Miami Dolphins receiver DeVante Parker (shoulder/hamstring) is questionable to play against the Buccaneers.
- The Washington Football Team wide receiver Dyami Brown (knee), wide receiver Cam Sims (hamstring) and guard Brandon Scherff (knee) have been ruled out for Sunday versus the Saints. Running back Antonio Gibson (shin), wide receiver Curtis Samuel (groin) and linebacker Cole Holcomb (shoulder) are questionable. Coach Ron Rivera said Gibson, who was limited in Friday's practice, has a stress fracture in his shin but isn't in too much pain.
- Philadelphia Eagles offensive tackle Jordan Mailata (knee) was a full participant Friday and does not have a game status designation for Sunday versus the Panthers. Offensive tackle Lane Johnson (personal matter) is out.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said running back Chase Edmonds (shoulder) will be a game-day decision Sunday versus the 49ers. He is listed as questionable, along with offensive lineman Kelvin Beachum (ribs) and tight end Maxx Williams (shoulder). Cornerback Byron Murphy (ribs) has been ruled out. Offensive lineman Justin Murray was placed on injured reserve.
- Tennessee Titans coach Mike Vrabel said he expects wide receiver A.J. Brown (hamstring) to play Sunday versus the Jaguars but wide receiver Julio Jones will miss a second straight game. Linebacker Bud Dupree (knee) and offensive tackle Taylor Lewan (toe) are questionable. The Titans placed linebacker Jayon Brown, wide receiver Racey McMath, offensive lineman Aaron Brewer and tight end Tommy Hudson on IR.
- Chicago Bears defensive tackle Akiem Hicks (groin) is doubtful for Sunday versus the Raiders and linebacker Khalil Mack (ribs/foot) is questionable. Wide receiver Darnell Mooney (groin) was full-go in Friday's practice and does not have a game status designation.
- New York Jets safeties Marcus Maye (ankle) and Adrian Colbert (concussion) have been ruled out against the Falcons on Sunday.
- Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Chris Jones (wrist) and cornerback Charvarius Ward (quad) is questionable.
- Green Bay Packers center Josh Myers (finger) and cornerback Jaire Alexander (shoulder) have been ruled out for Sunday versus the Bengals. Offensive lineman Elgton Jenkins (ankle) is questionable.
- New York Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard (hamstring), wide receiver Darius Slayton (hamstring) and safety Jabrill Peppers (hamstring) have been ruled out against the Cowboys. Offensive tackle Andrew Thomas (foot) is questionable.
- Buffalo Bills linebacker Matt Milano (hamstring) and defensive end A.J. Epenesa (foot) are questionable to play Kansas City.
- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper (hamstring), running back Ezekiel Elliott (knee) and defensive end Randy Gregory (knee) were all limited in practice and are listed as questionable for Sunday versus the Giants.
- Detroit Lions tight end T.J. Hockenson (knee), offensive tackle Penei Sewell (ankle) and running backs D'Andre Swift (groin) and Jamaal Williams (hip) are questionable for Sunday against the Vikings.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars announced that cornerbacks coach Tim Walton will not be available for Sunday's game against the Titans due to COVID-19 protocols. Nickel backs coach Joe Danna will handle Walton's game-day responsibilities.
- Las Vegas Raiders cornerbacks Damon Arnette (groin) and Trayvon Mullen and tight end Derek Carrier have been ruled out for Sunday against the Bears. Running back Peyton Barber (toe) is questionable.
- Los Angeles Chargers cornerback Chris Harris Jr. is questionable for Sunday against the Browns. Running back Justin Jackson is doubtful.
- New England Patriots offensive tackle Trent Brown (calf), guard Shaq Mason (abdomen) and cornerback Shaun Wade (concussion) have been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Texans. Kicker Nick Folk (knee), cornerback Jonathan Jones (ankle), linebacker Kyle Van Noy (groin) are questionable.
- New Orleans Saints offensive tackle Terron Armstead (elbow) and center Erik McCoy (calf) have been ruled out for Sunday's game versus Washington.
- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) was ruled out against Arizona; Trey Lance will start. Tight end George Kittle (calf) is doubtful to play and defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw (knee) is questionable.
- Denver Broncos quarterback Teddy Bridgewater (concussion) was full-go in Friday's practice and is on track to play Sunday versus the Steelers. He is listed as questionable, along with running back Melvin Gordon (leg) and cornerback Patrick Surtain II (chest). Wide receiver Courtland Sutton was added to Friday's report with an ankle injury and is also questionable.
- Houston Texans wide receiver Danny Amendola (thigh) is questionable for Sunday's game versus the Patriots. Running back Rex Burkhead (hip) is out.
- Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Cam Sutton (groin) and wide receiver James Washington (groin) have been ruled out for Sunday against the Broncos.
- Baltimore Ravens offensive tackles Ronnie Stanley (ankle) and Alejandro Villanueva (knee) did not practice Friday.
- Indianapolis Colts center Ryan Kelly (groin) and defensive end Kwity Paye (hamstring) did not practice Friday. Running back Nyheim Hines (shoulder) and linebacker Darius Leonard (ankle) were limited.