Clyde Edwards-Helaire wasn't involved Tuesday as the Kansas City Chiefs began on-field preparations for Week 18. He might be available when they next hit the playing field.
The Chiefs running back has a chance to play Saturday versus the Broncos, per coach Andy Reid. Edwards-Helaire missed Kansas City's Week 17 loss to Cincinnati after suffering a shoulder injury the week prior. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport previously reported that tests showed there was swelling but no structural damage on CEH's injured collarbone.
The second-year back is second on the Chiefs in rushing but has typically been the primary option when healthy.
- The Arizona Cardinals activated linebacker Markus Golden, tackle D.J. Humphries, LB Devon Kennard and cornerback Breon Borders from the reserve/COVID list. Defensive tackle Zach Kerr and linebacker Tanner Vallejo were added to the reserve/COVID list.
- The Atlanta Falcons activated defensive lineman Marlon Davidson, safety Jaylinn Hawkins, tight end Hayden Hurst, linebacker James Vaughters, wideout Tajae Sharpe and OL Willie Beavers from the reserve/COVID list.
- The Baltimore Ravens activated tight end Josh Oliver from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Cincinnati Bengals placed defensive end Trey Hendrickson, safety Vonn Bell, center Trey Hopkins and guard Quinton Spain on the reserve/COVID list. The Bengals placed tight end Mason Schreck on injured reserve.
- The Cleveland Browns activated linebacker Elijah Lee from the reserve/COVID list and placed running back D'Ernest Johnson on injured reserve. Practice squad safety Jovante Moffatt was also placed on the reserve/COVID list.
- The Dallas Cowboys placed WR Michael Gallup on injured reserve, activated defensive tackle Quinton Bohanna from the reserve/COVID-19 list and placed offensive tackle Josh Ball on the COVID-19 list. Cowboys tight end Blake Jarwin is designated to return from IR.
- The Detroit Lions placed defensive end Joel Heath on the reserve/COVID list.
- Denver Broncos quarterback Teddy Bridgewater (concussion) remains out of practice after having missed the last two games. Guard Dalton Risner (elbow), cornerback Patrick Surtain II (calf) and safety Kareem Jackson were also DNPs.
- The Green Bay Packers activated safety Darnell Savage, defensive lineman Kingsley Keke, tackle Dennis Kelly and wideout Amari Rodgers from the reserve/COVID list. Tackle Billy Turner was placed on the reserve/COVID list.
- The Kansas City Chiefs placed defensive back Chris Lammons and defensive tackle Khalen Saunders on the reserve/COVID list,
- The Minnesota Vikings placed tight end Chris Herndon on the reserve/COVID list.
- The New Orleans Saints placed defensive tackle Albert Huggins on the reserve/COVID list.
- The New York Giants placed tackle Matt Peart on the reserve/COVID list.
- The New York Jets placed tackle George Fant and defensive end Bryce Huff on injured reserve.
- The Philadelphia Eagles placed tight end Dallas Goedert on the reserve/COVID list and activated cornerback Craig James and wideout John Hightower from the practice squad reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The San Francisco 49ers placed defensive backs Dontae Johnson and Jimmie Ward on the reserve/COVID list.
- The Seattle Seahawks placed running back Alex Collins on injured reserve. Defensive back Gavin Heslop and defensive end Alton Robinson were placed on the reserve/COVID list.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers activated wide receiver Jaelon Darden from the reserve/COVID list.
- The Tennessee Titans placed linebacker Monty Rice on the reserve/COVID list.
- The Washington Football Team activated punter Tress Way from the reserve/COVID list and placed defensive back Deshazor Everett on the same list.
- The Arizona Cardinals signed veteran cornerback Bashaud Breeland to the practice squad. Breeland was released by the Vikings on Dec. 18. Practice squad CB Isaiah Johnson was released.
- The Atlanta Falcons signed tight end Parker Hesse to the active roster from the practice squad. Atlanta waived quarterback Matt Barkley.
- The Baltimore Ravens signed running back Jacques Patrick to the practice squad.
- The Cincinnati Bengals signed kicker Elliott Fry to the practice squad.
- The Cleveland Browns signed tight end Nick Guggemos to the practice squad and waived quarterback Kyle Lauletta and tackle Alex Taylor.
- The Indianapolis Colts waived linebacker Malik Jefferson.
- The Los Angeles Rams signed wide receiver Warren Jackson to the practice squad and waived WR J.J. Koski, kicker Ryan Santoso and long snapper Carson Tinker.
- The New Orleans Saints are releasing practice squad running back Josh Adams, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports.
- The New York Giants released former first-round pick Isaiah Wilson from the practice squad.
- The New York Jets released linebacker LaRoy Reynolds from the practice squad.
- The Seattle Seahawks signed running back Josh Johnson from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Tennessee Titans waived cornerback Chris Jones and linebacker Joe Jones. Tennessee also released wide receiver Golden Tate and defensive backs Shyheim Carter and Rodney Clemons from the practice squad.
- The Washington Football Team signed wide receiver Antonio Gandy-Golden to the practice squad. WFT released quarterback Kyle Shurmur and punter Ryan Winslow.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars are interviewing Jim Caldwell for their vacant head-coaching job on Tuesday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per source. Caldwell has seven seasons of experience as a head coach in the NFL with the Colts and Lions.