The Pittsburgh Steelers are adding safety help.
Per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, the two sides agreed to terms on a three-year pact worth close to $14.5 million. The team later confirmed the deal.
Burnett compiled 497 tackles with nine interceptions, 44 passes defended and 7.5 sacks in 102 starts in eight seasons in Green Bay. He was ranked No. 29 in NFL.com's Top 101 Free Agents of 2018.
The 29-year-old played mostly as a box safety in 2017, per Next Gen Stats, providing range, coverage against tight ends and running backs, and solid tackling.
Burnett's absence was noticeable in the four games he missed last season. As the quarterback of the defense, Green Bay struggled with communication when he was out. His versatility -- ability to play safety, nickel corner, extra linebacker -- was an asset in the Packers' scheme.
Burnett now brings that on-field communication to a Pittsburgh secondary that too often suffered mental breakdowns on the back end the past few seasons. His position flexibility also will come in handy for Mike Tomlin and Keith Butler.
Here are other free-agency moves we're tracking Tuesday:
2. The New York Jets announced receiver Terrelle Pryor visited Tuesday.
4. The Chicago Bears are re-signing line backer John Timu, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.
5. The New York Jets signed linebacker Brandon Copeland, the team announced.
6. The Buffalo Bills agreed to terms on a one-year deal with linebacker Ramon Humber, the team announced.
9. The Minnesota Vikings are re-signing kicker Kai Forbath, Garafolo reported.
10. The Carolina Panthers announced they signed free-agent wide receiver Jarius Wright to a three-year contract.
11. The Houston Texans signed free agent linebacker Josh Keyes, the team announced.
14. The Colts announced they signed veteran center/guard Matt Slauson. Rapoport reports Slauson's deal is for one year and worth $3 million.
16. The Bears have matched an offer sheet for defensive back Kyle Fuller and have signed him to a four-year contract after previously placing the transition tag on the veteran March 6.