NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the former All-Pro visited with the Eagles on Thursday.
Ngata, ranked No. 74 on NFL.com's Top 101 Free Agents of 2018 list, adds to the Eagles' embarrassment of riches on the defensive line. The 34-year-old joins Fletcher Cox, Michael Bennett, Brandon Graham, Timmy Jernigan, Derek Barnett, Chris Long and Vinny Curry (until he gets traded or released).
Ngata spent the past three seasons in Detroit after nine dominant years in Baltimore. The veteran proved he had scheme versatility switching to the Lions' 4-3 defense. Ngata remains a stout run defender and was one of Detroit's top D-line players last year before a biceps injury wiped out his season after five games.
Plugging into the rotation in Philly could give Ngata's career new life for another couple of years.
Here are other free agency moves we're tracking Thursday:
1. Linebacker Zach Brown is staying in Washington, signing a three-year deal worth a maximum of $24 million, Rapoport reported. Brown was the No. 19 free agent on the Top 101 list.
2. Former Seahawks defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson is visiting the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. The sixth-year veteran is ranked No. 6 on the Top 101 list.
3. Cut by the Raiders on Thursday, Michael Crabtree is visiting the Baltimore Ravens, per Rapoport. Ryan Grant, who agreed to a deal with the Ravens earlier in the week, did not sign the contract after something was discovered during his physical and he will not be joining the Ravens, Rapoport reported.
Rapoport reports the Jaguars are signing former Jets tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins to a two-year deal worth $10 million, according to a source. Seferian-Jenkins was ranked No. 58 on the Top 101 list.
5. The Miami Dolphins signed former Bears guard Josh Sitton to a two-year deal for roughly $15 million, a source involved with the negotiations told Rapoport. The contract can be worth up to $18 million and includes $8 million guaranteed. Sitton ranked No. 50 on the Top 101 list.
6. The Houston Texans have agreed to terms with cornerback Johnathan Joseph on a two-year contract, Rapoport reported via a source. Joseph, who's spent the past seven seasons with the Texans, was ranked No. 94 on the Top 101 list.
The Bears re-signed punter Pat O'Donnell to a one-year, $1.5 million contract, Garafolo reports.
12. The Buccaneers announced they have signed former Eagles defensive tackle Beau Allen. Rapoport reported Allen's deal is for three years, $15 million, with a chance to make $16.5 million, a source informed of the situation said.
13. Former Giants linebacker Jonathan Casillas is visiting the New England Patriots on Thursday, Rapoport reported, noting there is mutual interest between them. Free-agent defensive end Adrian Clayborn is also visiting the Patriots, Rapoport reported.
16. The Cleveland Browns have released wide receiver Sammie Coates, Garafolo reported.
18. The Oakland Raiders are hosting former 49ers defensive end Tank Carradine on Thursday, Rapoport reported via a source. Carradine will visit the Seahawks on Friday, per Rapoport. Oakland also signed linebacker Tahir Whitehead, the team announced. Whitehead signed a three-year deal worth $6 million per year, with more than half of the $18 million guaranteed, Rapoport reported.
19. The Buffalo Bills and guard Richie Incognito restructured the final year of his contract to keep the veteran lineman with the team, a source informed of the situation told Garafolo.
20. Recently released tight end Eric Ebron is visiting the Carolina Panthers, Rapoport reported.