New York Giants rookie tight end Daniel Bellinger will start training camp on the sideline.
The team placed the TE on the physically unable to perform list due to a quad injury, per Dan Salomone of the team’s official website.
Giants rookies reported for training camp on Tuesday. Veterans are slated to report on July 26.
Bellinger is a notable addition to the PUP list after he took most of the starter reps during offseason workouts and is in line for a potentially significant role in Brian Daboll's first season. The Giants' tight ends room is thin behind the fourth-round pick out of Georgia, with Ricky Seals-Jones and Jordan Akins the top veteran options.
Bellinger is eligible to come off the PUP list at any point during camp.
- The Atlanta Falcons placed linebacker Deion Jones (shoulder) on the physically unable to perform list, per the league transaction wire.
- Las Vegas Raiders running back Kenyan Drake (ankle) and offensive lineman Denzelle Good (knee) are both clear to practice as the team kicks off training camp Thursday. Coach Josh McDaniels had no update on the timelines for defensive tackles Johnathan Hankins and Bilal Nichols and cornerback Trayvon Mullen, who were all placed on PUP earlier this week. The team also announced it has placed defensive tackle Vernon Butler on the non-football injury list and wide receiver Dillon Stoner on the physically unable to perform list.
- The New England Patriots placed five players on the physically unable to perform list: center David Andrews (shoulder), running back James White (hip), linebacker Raekwon McMillan ( ACL) and defensive backs Jabrill Peppers (ACL) and Jonathan Jones (shoulder).
- The New Orleans Saints have put wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) and defensive lineman Marcus Davenport (shoulder) have been placed on the PUP list.
- The New York Jets placed offensive tackles Mekhi Becton (knee) and George Fant (knee) on the physically unable to perform list, along with defensive end Carl Lawson (Achilles), tight end C.J. Uzomah and guard Dru Samia.
- The Arizona Cardinals agreed to terms with quarterback Kyler Murray on a five-year, $230.5 million extension with $160 million in guarantees, Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.
- The Baltimore Ravens signed offensive tackle David Sharpe.
- The Green Bay Packers announced the signing of tight end Sal Cannella.
- The Las Vegas Raiders have signed safety Matthias Farley. The team also waived guard Jordan Meredith.
- The Los Angeles Chargers have signed defensive tackle Carlo Kemp, per his agent.
- The New York Jets signed defensive back Craig James.
- The Atlanta Falcons announced that Christion Abercrombie, Joan Cantanese, Yosef Fares, Sajan Thakker and Courtney Upshaw have been named Bill Walsh coaching interns for training camp.