NFL.com keeps you up to date with all of the latest league news from around the NFL. Visit NFL.com's transaction hub for a daily breakdown.
(NOTE: Teams listed in alphabetical order.)
- LB Shaq Thompson suffered a broken fibula during Monday's loss to the Saints and likely will miss the remainder of the season, head coach Frank Reich told reporters. Thompson underwent surgery on Tuesday to repair the fracture and the Panthers subsequently placed him on injured reserve.
- DB Mac McCain waived from injured reserve, per the NFL transaction wire.
- RB Nick Chubb's knee injury from Monday's loss will require surgery and is season-ending, head coach Kevin Stefanski confirmed to reporters.
- CB Greg Newsome II (elbow) is considered day to day.
- RB Kareem Hunt is visiting the Browns, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported. The free-agent back spent the last four seasons with Cleveland, which is now looking for a replacement for Chubb.
- QB Deshaun Watson will not face league discipline for the contact he made with an official during Monday's loss, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported.
- RB Bam Knight is being signed to the active roster from the practice squad, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per Knight's agent.
- OL Kayode Awosika is being signed to the active roster from the practice squad, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported, per a source.
- QB Matt Corral, who was released by the Patriots Monday and cleared waivers Tuesday, is signing with the team's practice squad.
- RB Jamaal Williams, who injured his hamstring in Monday night's win versus the Panthers, is expected to take some time to recover from the injury, head coach Dennis Allen told reporters, adding that there's no specific recovery timetable yet.
- WR Kirk Merritt waived, per the NFL transaction wire.
- RB Saquon Barkley (ankle) has not been ruled out for Thursday's game against the 49ers, head coach Brian Daboll told reporters. Daboll added that the plan is to take Barkley's game status up to Thursday. He was a DNP in Tuesday's practice estimation. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Monday that Barkley was considered week to week and would miss Week 3.
- WR Wan'Dale Robinson (knee) was limited for Tuesday's practice estimation.
- OT Andrew Thomas (hamstring; limited) likely will be a game-time decision for Thursday, per Daboll.
- OG Ben Bredeson (concussion) DNP
- LB Azeez Ojulari (hamstring; limited) likely will be a game-time decision, per Daboll.
- S Minkah Fitzpatrick was released from the hospital Monday night after undergoing precautionary scans for what is believed to be a chest contusion, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported, per sources. Pelissero added that Fitzpatrick's scans were negative and there’s optimism he will be fine moving forward. Head coach Mike Tomlin confirmed Fitzpatrick's discharge on Tuesday and feels good about where he is going into Week 3.