NFL.com keeps you up to date with all of the latest league news from around the NFL. Visit NFL.com's transaction hub for a daily breakdown.
(NOTE: Teams listed in alphabetical order.)
- LT Tyron Smith (ankle) was added to the injury report and limited in Thursday's practice.
- OL Tyler Smith (hamstring) didn't practice Thursday. The OL "feels really good" and is "very optimistic" he can play against the Giants on Sunday, coach Mike McCarthy said, adding that Smith will play if he practices with the team on Saturday.
- DE Sam Williams (turf toe) was upgraded to a limited participant.
- S Donovan Wilson (calf) DNP
- WR Romeo Doubs (hamstring; limited) returned to practice after missing Wednesday's session.
- WR Christian Watson (hamstring) did not practice for the second day in a row.
- LB Rashan Gary (knee) was limited
- RB Lew Nichols waived from injured reserve with a settlement, per the NFL transaction wire.
- WR John Metchie III (hamstring) was among three Texans players to sit out Thursday's practice with injures.
- TE Travis Kelce (knee) will not play during the Kickoff Game against Detroit on Thursday night, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The injury was initially described as a hyperextended knee suffered during Tuesday's practice, though it was later categorized as a bone bruise. Though he will miss the game, Rapoport added that Kelce is not expected to miss extended time.
- LB Ryan Smenda waived from injured reserve with a settlement, per the NFL transaction wire.
- S Josh Metellus and the Vikings have agreed to a two-year extension worth up to $13 million with $6 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The team later announced the two sides agreed to a deal.
- DB Tay Gowan waived from injured reserve with a settlement, per the NFL transaction wire.
- DT Larry Ogunjobi (foot) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice.
- QB Brock Purdy (right elbow) was a full participant at Thursday's practice.
- RB Jordan Mason (foot) limited.
- TE George Kittle (groin) limited.
- C Jon Feliciano (illness) was a full participant
- DE Nick Bosa (rest) limited
- CB Charvarius Ward (heel) was added to the injury report and did not participate.
- S Talanoa Hufanga (knee, personal matter) DNP
- K Jake Moody (right quadricep) limited.
- RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn (personal) returned to practice on Thursday.
- OG Cody Mauch (back) was added to injury report and did not participate.
- DT Calijah Kancey returned to practice in a limited capacity, the first time since suffering a calf strain in July.
- S Antoine Winfield Jr. (calf) was a full participant.