Azeez Ojulari is now ready to follow up his promising rookie season.
The Giants pass rusher returned to the practice field on Sunday after passing his physical and being activated from the non-football injury list, the team announced. Ojulari had been on the NFI list with a hamstring injury since camp opened on July 26.
Ojulari, a second-round draft pick by the Giants in 2021, turned out to be an excellent find for a team in need of pass-rushing help. The Georgia product set the franchise's rookie sack record with 8.0, leading the team in that category for 2021 and becoming the first Giants rookie to do so since sacks became an official statistic in 1982. Ojulari also compiled 49 tackles, 13 QB hits, eight tackles for loss and a forced fumble, appearing in all 17 games and earning 13 starts.
In other transactional news for the Giants, the team waived defensive back Michael Jacquet and guard Josh Rivas while also terminating the contract of defensive back Jarrod Wilson.
- WR Drake London (knee) isn't expected to be out for long. "Nothing that we're concerned with long term," Falcons coach Arthur Smith said Sunday. Smith added that London's availability for the remaining preseason games will be on a week to week basis. London sustained the injury during the Falcons' preseason win in Detroit.
- QB Joe Burrow was on the practice field for the first time since undergoing an appendectomy 19 days ago, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday. The Bengals' star quarterback was seen coming back from a walkthrough with a jersey on and a helmet in hand, per The Athletic's Paul Dehner Jr.
- HC Matt LaFleur told reporters Sunday that OL Elgton Jenkins (knee), TE Robert Tonyan (knee) and rookie WR Christian Watson (knee) will all come off the physically unable to perform list for individual drills and walkthrough participation.
- CB Trill Williams suffered a torn ACL in Saturday night's preseason win over the Bucs, NFL Network's Cameron Wolfe reports, per a source. Wolfe adds that the Dolphins will likely look into the cornerback market.
- QB Zach Wilson is on his way to Los Angeles for knee surgery, Robert Saleh told reporters Sunday. The Jets coach said the team should have a better grip on his timeline for recovery following the surgery. Wilson was diagnosed with a knee bruise and meniscus tear on Saturday after leaving the Jets' preseason opener due to injury. NFL Network Insider reports that Wilson's availability for Week 1 is in question.
- WR DeVonta Smith (groin) returned to the practice field on Sunday after being held out for precautionary reasons the past week.
- TE Charlie Woerner was activated from the physically unable to perform list.
- Released RB Ronnie Rivers.
- Released OL Haggai Ndubuisi.
- Released OL Greg Long.
- Released DL Keke Kingsley.
- Released CB Breon Borders.
- Waived TE Jalen Wydermayer.
- Waived OL Jordan Simmons.
- Waived OL Derek Kerstetter.
- Waived CB Olaijah Griffin.
- Waived RB Darius Bradwell.
- Waived TE Nate Becker.
- Waived OL Wyatt Miller.
- Waived LB Kamal Martin.
- Waived CB Chris Westry.
- Waived RB Shermari Jones.
- Waived WR Pooka Williams Jr.
- Waived CB Abu Daramy-Swaray.
- Signed K Ramiz Ahmed.
- Released K Gabe Brkic.
- Re-signed DB Devin Hafford.
- Released OL William Dunkle
- Released LB Ali Fayad.
NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.