The Carolina Panthers were without one of their starting cornerbacks at Saturday's practice, but don't expect to be for long.
C.J. Henderson sat out the proceedings after rolling his ankle in Friday's practice, coach Matt Rhule told reporters. Rhule added that Henderson's absence is not expected to be long term and the cornerback could be back sometime next week.
The former first-round corner is entering his third season in the pros and his first full season in Carolina. Traded from Jacksonville early last season, Henderson played 10 games for the Panthers in 2021, logging 31 tackles and two passes defensed. Carolina will make a decision whether or not to exercise the 2021 No. 9 overall pick's fifth-year option after the season.
Henderson's injury comes just days after Carolina activated their 2021 first-round corner, Jaycee Horn, from the physically unable to perform list.
Elsewhere on the injury front, the Panthers lost defensive lineman Marquis Haynes to an apparent leg injury Saturday after he was carted off the field. Rhule had no update on Haynes' status after practice.
- QB Kyler Murray is back at practice Saturday after testing positive for COVID-19 on Aug. 1, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
- DL Kingsley Keke is in COVID-19 protocols, head coach Kliff Kingsbury said Saturday.
- WR N'Keal Harry suffered an undisclosed injury at Saturday's practice.
- OT Teven Jenkins returned to practice after missing multiple sessions with an undisclosed injury.
- WR Byron Pringle has a quad injury and no timetable for a return, coach Matt Eberflus said.
- Guard Netane Muti did not practice Saturday and is being evaluated for a knee injury, head coach Nathaniel Hackett said Saturday. WR Tyrie Cleveland (throat) CB K'Waun Williams (knee), LB Jonathon Cooper and DT D.J. Jones also did not practice Saturday, per the team. WR Kendall Hinton and safety Caden Sterns both returned to practice Saturday after missing a few days, while WR Courtney Sutton had his foot evaluated during practice, but returned to the field.
- CB Jalen Ramsey was in pads and taking 7-on-7 reps at Rams practice Saturday, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported. Ramsey is working his way back from shoulder surgery during the offseason.
- OL Marcus McKethan (ACL) placed on injured reserve.
- OT Conor McDermott was seen being carted off the field during the Jets' scrimmage on Saturday. Speaking to the media, head coach Robert Saleh said McDermott is dealing with an "ankle," and the team will know more on Sunday.
- RB Boston Scott sat out practice with a concussion.
- OT Jerald Hawkins placed on injured reserve.
- DE L.J. Collier tweaked his elbow "a little bit" during the Seahawks' mock game on Saturday, head coach Pete Carroll told reporters after practice.
- WR Mike Evans is day to day with a hamstring injury.
- Signed LB DeMarquis Gates
- Waived/injured LB Christian Albright
- Signing WR Devin Gray to a one-year deal.
- Signed CB Quenton Meeks, who most recently played in the USFL.
- Signed OL Jordan Mills to a one-year deal.
- Signed WR Willie Snead to a one-year deal.
- QB Lamar Jackson and TE Mark Andrews will not play in the Ravens' first preseason game this Thursday, head coach John Harbaugh told reporters Saturday.
- LB Kiko Alonso has decided to retire after signing with New Orleans on Friday, the team announced. Alonso has been out of football for nearly two years.
NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.