Von Miller's debut in a Buffalo Bills uniform didn't come against his longtime team.
The Bills linebacker told NFL Network's James Palmer prior to Saturday's preseason home game versus the Broncos that he would not be playing. Miller was the only healthy starter not suited up for Buffalo in Week 2 of the preseason.
Miller's arrival figures to boost the pass rush of a Bills defense that topped the league in points (17.0) and yards (272.8) allowed per game in 2021. Acquired in a midseason trade last season by the Rams, Miller was essential to L.A.'s Super Bowl-winning run by providing four sacks, six tackles for loss, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery during the playoffs.
- S Jaquan Brisker recently underwent surgery to repair a thumb injury, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. The rookie has a real chance to play Week 1 against the 49ers.
- OL Casey Tucker suffered a foot injury and did not return to Saturday's preseason game versus the Bills.
- LB Malik Reed was poked in the eye during the first half, per head coach Nathaniel Hackett. Reed did not play the remainder of the game.
- CB Michael Ojemudia suffered a dislocated elbow, per Hackett.
- P Sam Martin suffered an ankle injury during pregame warmups, Palmer reported. Martin was ruled out.
- DB Rashad Fenton suffered a groin injury and did not return to Saturday's preseason game versus the Commanders.
- RB Isaiah Spiller (ankle) is questionable to return to Saturday's game versus the Cowboys.
- DB Nik Needham left Saturday's game against the Raiders with an apparent left hand/wrist injury.
- CB Andrew Booth was ruled out of the remainder of Saturday's game versus the 49ers with an ankle injury.
- WR Austin Mack (hamstring) was ruled out of the remainder of the 49ers' game versus the Vikings on Saturday.
- G Aaron Stinnie was ruled out for the remainder of Saturday's game versus the Titans with a knee injury,
NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and prime-time regular-season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand and more! Wherever you are, this is how you football! Learn more about NFL+.