New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara is dealing with a rib cartilage issue and will be held out against the Buccaneers today, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source.
Kamara's rib issue limited him in practice on Wednesday and held him out entirely on Thursday and Friday, making him one of several key Saints questionable versus the Bucs. However, Saints quarterback Jameis Winston (back) and running back Mark Ingram (ankle) are both expected to play, Rapoport reports.
The five-time Pro Bowler had a quiet Week 1 in the team's 27-26 comeback victory over the Falcons, turning nine carries into 39 rushing yards and contributing only seven more receiving yards on three receptions.
Kamara's absence figures to loom large over New Orleans as it looks to earn its fifth consecutive regular-season victory over Bucs quarterback Tom Brady.
Other injuries we are keeping an eye on ahead of Sunday's Week 2 games:
- Arizona Cardinals defensive end J.J. Watt (calf) is expected to play on a pitch count today against the Raiders, Rapoport reported.
- Baltimore Ravens running back J.K. Dobbins (knee) won't make his season debut against the Dolphins today after being declared inactive. Dobbins practiced fully all week and is pushing to go, but the team will make sure the third-year back is ready before putting him on the field. Ravens cornerbacks Marcus Peters and Marlon Humphrey are active.
- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins (concussion) is expected to play today against the Cowboys barring a setback, a source told Rapoport. Higgins has fully progressed through concussion protocol.
- Cleveland Browns right tackle Jack Conklin (knee) won't play against the Jets, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported, per sources. Conklin has since been declared inactive.
- Detroit Lions running back D'Andre Swift (ankle) is active against the Commanders. Rapoport and Pelissero reported that the plan was to give it a go if Swift wakes up feeling healthy, but the Lions may be selective about their star rusher's usage.
- Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Tindall was added to the injury report with an illness and is inactive against Baltimore. Tackle Terron Armstead is active after being listed as questionable.
- New York Giants wide receiver Kadarius Toney will play today against the Panthers after dealing with hamstring tightness this week, coach Brian Daboll told NFL Network's Stacey Dales.
- New York Jets tight end C.J. Uzomah (hamstring) is inactive after being listed as doubtful against the Browns.
- San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle (groin) is expected to be a game-time decision today against the Seahawks after missing Week 1, a source told Rapoport. Kittle's participation in practice on Friday opened the door to his potential return.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Julio Jones is inactive today against the Saints. Russell Gage (hamstring), running back Leonard Fournette (hamstring) and offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs (abdomen) are all officially active. Bucs coach Todd Bowles told NFL Network's Sara Walsh that left Donovan Smith (elbow), listed as doubtful in the injury report, is definitely out against New Orleans.