Week 8 of the 2017 NFL season is here. Here are the injuries we are tracking on Sunday.
- Chicago Bears tight end Zach Miller was carted off the field after suffering an apparent leg injury while attempting a catch in the end zone during the third quarter. Miller had surgery on his dislocated knee Sunday night, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports. Miller's injury is described as "very serious," per Rapoport.
Bears guard Kyle Long suffered a hand injury against the New Orleans Saints. Offensive lineman Cody Whitehair sustained an elbow injury.
- San Francisco 49ers safety Jimmie Ward suffered a fractured forearm early in the team's loss to the Eagles. Offensive lineman Garry Gilliam did not return after suffering a knee injury in the first half. Defensive lineman D.J. Jones suffered a knee injury. Rookie defensive lineman Solomon Thomas did not return due to a knee injury. Receiver Pierre Garcon suffered a neck injury.
Offensive tackle Joe Staley exited the game after suffering a broken orbital bone and needing stitches, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The 49ers announced that Staley will stay in Philadelphia overnight, as his evaluation won't be finished before the team's flight takes off, and is expected to return to the Bay Area on Monday.
- New England Patriots offensive tackle Marcus Cannon injured his ankle against the Los Angeles Chargers. Receiver Chris Hogan exited the game after suffering a shoulder injury late in the fourth quarter.
- Minnesota Vikings offensive tackle Mike Remmers suffered a concussion during the first half of the team's win over the Cleveland Browns.
- Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman played against the Dallas Cowboys after missing multiple weeks with a rib injury. Tight end Niles Paul was ruled out after sustaining a concussion. Tight end Jordan Reed did not return after suffering a hamstring injury. Offensive lineman Shawn Lauvao was evaluated for a stinger and did not return. Safety Stefan McClure did not return with a hamstring injury.
- Cleveland Browns running back Duke Johnson left for the locker room during the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Vikings to undergo evaluation for a concussion, but he cleared the protocol. Defensive back Briean Boddy-Calhoun left in the fourth quarter after suffering a hamstring injury.
- Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Patrick Robinson sustained a head injury against the San Francisco 49ers.
- New York Jets defensive lineman Ed Stinson exited the game after injuring his shoulder in the team's loss to the Atlanta Falcons. The X-ray on Morris Claiborne's foot was negative, the cornerback told NFL Network's Kimberly Jones.
- Carolina Panthers guard Trai Turner suffered a knee injury in the team's win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Houston Texans defensive end Christian Covington suffered an elbow injury against the Seattle Seahawks. Guard Jeff Allen suffered a knee injury.
- Dallas Cowboys receiver Cole Beasley was ruled out for the game against the Redskins with a concussion.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers officially made Martavis Bryant inactive after a week filled with turmoil for the receiver who was upset with his role in the offense. Safety Mike Mitchell did not return against the Lions with a right ankle injury.
- Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas suffered a hamstring injury in their win over the Houston Texans.