The Green Bay Packers' biggest fears Monday night were confirmed. Starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga suffered a torn ACL in his right knee, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday, per a source informed of the injury. The team later confirmed the season-ending injury.
Bulaga was carted off the field in the fourth quarter of Monday's loss to the Detroit Lions. The Week 9 tilt marked only the second time all season Green Bay had all five of its projected starters on the offensive line in the lineup together.
Bulaga, who missed three games earlier this season with an ankle injury, was sidelined for the entire 2013 season after tearing the ACL in his left knee.
Bulaga's season-ending injury is the latest blow to a Packers offense that might be without quarterback Aaron Rodgers for the remainder of the season. Coach Mike McCarthy told reporters on Tuesday that safety Morgan Burnett (groin) will not be available this week in Chicago.
Green Bay is 4-4, with three consecutive losses.
Here are other injuries we're tracking Tuesday:
- Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson will have surgery to repair his ACL on Wednesday, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports. The surgery wil be performed by Texans team doctor Walt Lowe.
- Minnesota Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford plans to again visit Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday as he seeks answers on his injured knee, Pelissero reports.
- New England Patriots linebacker Shea McClellin isn't expected to return off injured reserve soon, Garafolo reports according to a source informed of the situation. McClellin, who was placed on the list with an undisclosed injury, was eligible to return this week. He practiced recently with the team but wasn't spotted during the team's practice Tuesday.
Free agent defensive end Ricky Jean Francois, who was released last week by the Green Bay Packers, is signing a one-year deal with the Patriots, a source familiar with the deal confirmed to Pelissero. ESPN first reported the move.
- Pete Carroll said Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas(hamstring) is likely a game-time decision for Thursday night's game against the Arizona Cardinals.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers activated quarterback Ryan Griffin (shoulder) from the injured reserve list on Tuesday. Griffin will back up Ryan Fitzpatrick with Jameis Winston sidelined.
- The Chargers have activated linebacker Denzel Perryman from reserve/injured-designated for return. Perryman returns to the active roster after an ankle injury cost him the first half of 2017. The Bolts also signed tight end Jeff Cumberland.