Running back Leonard Fournette is closer to a return after missing the past four games with a hamstring injury.
Head coach Doug Marrone, however, stopped short of declaring that Fournette is ready to go.
"We'll see on Sunday, but he has done everything that we have asked him to do," Marrone said, via the Jaguars' official website. "No setbacks. No nothing. Right now, he's completely healthy -- today, at this time ..."
Despite Marrone being coy on Fournette's game status, it would be a surprise to not see the second-year rusher return to action barring a setback between now and kickoff.
A week of practice with a full participation designation indicates Fournette absorbed his regular workload in three straight days. Fournette's looming return is needed, too, as the Jaguars have lost four straight games in his absence and sit on a 3-5 record.
Meanwhile, the Jaguars ruled cornerbackA.J. Bouye (calf) and rookie cornerback Quenton Meeks (knee) out for Sunday's game.
Linebacker Telvin Smith (shoulder), tight endJames O'Shaughnessy (hip), tight end David Grinnage (knee) and defensive end/linebacker Lerentee McCray (hamstring) are questionable.
Here are other injuries we are monitoring Friday:
- Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback Josh Allen (elbow) was downgraded from questionable to out on Saturday ahead of Sunday's game against the Jets. Matt Barkley will start at quarterback on Sunday. The Bills also will be without tight end Charles Clay (hamstring) and defensive end Trent Murphy (knee) after both starters missed practice all week. Veteran quarterback Derek Anderson (concussion) is also out, while running back Chris Ivory (shoulder) are questionable. Linebacker Tremaine Edwards cleared concussion protocol and is expected to play.
- Indianapolis Colts second-round draft pick Tyquan Lewis (toe) was activated from injured reserve this week, and will see playing time against the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to coach Frank Reich. On Saturday, the Colts downgraded defensive endKemoko Turay (neck) from questionable to doubtful and cornerback Nate Hairston (ankle) and guard Denzelle Good (illness) were downgraded to out.
- Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay (knee) and guard T.J. Lang (neck) have been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Bears after not practicing all week. Defensive end Ezekiel Ansah (shoulder), running back Kerryon Johnson (ankle) and tight end Luke Willson (shoulder) are all questionable. Running back LeGarrette Blount (knee) is off the injury report after practicing fully Friday.
- The New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski (ankle/back) will not play against the Tennessee Titans, Rapoport reported. Neither will right guard Shaq Mason (calf), who was downgraded on Saturday to out. Running back Sony Michel (knee), left tackle Trent Brown (illness) and linebacker Dont'a Hightower (knee) are all questionable for the game.
- The Seattle Seahawks designated questionable tags to running back Chris Carson (hip), guard D.J. Fluker (calf), linebacker K.J. Wright (knee), safety Bradley McDougald (knee), and defensive tackle Shamar Stephen (foot).
- Coming off a bye week, the Arizona Cardinals ruled out defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche (calf) and wide receiver Chad Williams for their road game against the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 10. Listed as questionable were guard Mike Iupati (back) guard Justin Pugh (hand), tight end Jermaine Gresham (back), safety Budda Baker (foot), safety Tre Boston (chest), and defensive tackle Corey Peters (ankle).
- Just days after signing with the New Orleans Saints, wide receiver Dez Bryant (achilles) was helped off the practice field on Friday after apparently tearing his Achilles, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero. The 30-year old veteran is currently going under an MRI for a diagnosis. Defensive end Marcus Davenport (toe) was officially ruled out for Sunday's road game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Coming off a bye week, the Cincinnati Bengals have officially ruled out wide receiver A.J. Green (toe), linebacker Vontaze Burfict (hip), linebacker Nick Vigil (knee), cornerback Darqueze Dennard (sternoclavicular), and tight end Tyler Kroft (foot) for their home game against the New Orleans Saints. Running back Giovanni Bernard (knee) was listed as questionable.
- The Washington Redskins offense will be without running back Chris Thompson (rib) and tackle Trent Williams (thumb) this Sunday in Tampa Bay, while and tackle Morgan Moses (knee) was listed as questionable. Wide receiver Jamison Crowder (ankle) was downgraded from questionable to out on Saturday.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Ronald Jones (hamstring), guard Evan Smith (hip, wrist) and defensive end Vinny Curry (ankle) were all ruled out for Sunday against Washington.
- The Dallas Cowboys have officially ruled out linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring), defensive end Taco Charlton (shoulder), defensive end David Irving (ankle), wide receiver Tavon Austin (groin) and rookie guard Connor Williams (knee) for their Sunday night road game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Defensive end Randy Gregory (knee) and tight end Geoff Swaim (knee) are questionable.