- Atlanta Falcons safety Richie Grant suffered an ankle injury against the Buccaneers and did not return. Linebacker Adetokunbo Ogundeji also suffered an ankle injury.
- Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Patrick Mekari injured his hand against the Steelers. John Harbaugh said after the game that cornerback Marlon Humphrey is set to undergo an MRI for an unspecified injury, adding that it "could be a while" before he returns to the lineup. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Humphrey is suspected to have suffered a season-ending shoulder injury.
- Cincinnati Bengals linebackers Markus Bailey (shoulder) and Logan Wilson (shoulder) were ruled out against the Chargers. Cornerback Chidobe Awuzie suffered a foot injury.
- The Houston Texans announced quarterback Tyrod Taylor was evaluated for injury and cleared to play but was replaced by rookie Davis Mills against the Colts.
- Jacksonville Jaguars offensive lineman Brandon Linder (back) and cornerback Tyson Campbell (abdominal) exited early against the Rams.
- Las Vegas Raiders running back Kenyan Drake suffered a broken ankle on Sunday is out for the season, Rapoport reported. In his first season with Las Vegas, Drake was the team's second-leading rusher. Linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski (ankle) was also ruled out. Linebacker Denzel Perryman (ankle) exited early.
- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa was ruled out after exiting in the first half against the Bengals to be evaluated for a head injury.
- Miami Dolphins running back Patrick Laird suffered a knee injury against the Giants and was ruled out.
- Minnesota Vikings wideout Adam Thielen was ruled out against the Lions with an ankle injury that NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports is a high ankle sprain. Pelissero added Thielen will undergo further testing to determine the severity.
- The New England Patriots announced linebacker Ronnie Perkins (illness) has been downgraded to out for Monday's game against the Bills.
- New York Giants quarterback Mike Glennon sustained a concussion against the Dolphins. Glennon started in place of Daniel Jones, who did not play due to a neck injury.
- New York Jets cornerback Michael Carter was evaluated for a concussion. Guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (ankle) did not return against the Eagles. Tight end Ryan Griffin (ankle) and wideout Corey Davis (ankle) also did not return.
- Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Patrick Johnson (back) and cornerback Steven Nelson (shoulder) were ruled out against the Jets. Running back Miles Sanders (ankle) was also ruled out.
- San Francisco 49ers running back Trenton Cannon was taken off the field in an ambulance after sustaining a concussion on the opening kickoff against the Seahawks. Cannon was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation, per the game's broadcast. The Niners announced he is in stable condition and will stay at the hospital overnight. Cornerback Emmanuel Moseley (ankle) has also been ruled out. Safety Jaquiski Tartt injured his hamstring. Running back Elijah Mitchell was evaluated for a head injury.
- Seattle Seahawks guard Kyle Fuller suffered an ankle injury against the 49ers. Safety Jamal Adams (shoulder) was ruled out. Defensive tackle Bryan Mone (knee) did not return.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Jamel Dean was ruled out against the Falcons after being evaluated for a concussion. Running back Ronald Jones (illness) did not return.
- Washington Football Team tight end Logan Thomas is expected to be done for the season after likely sustaining a torn ACL, Rapoport reported. Thomas will have an MRI to confirm. Thomas was injured when Raiders defensive end Yannick Ngakoue dropped down to avoid a Thomas block and took out the tight end's leg. Linebacker Khaleke Hudson (ankle) exited early versus the Raiders.
Colts owner Irsay says comments weren't directed at Wentz: 'I would have told Carson face-to-face'
Jim Irsay's football team concluded the 2021 season with an epic collapse, getting dominated by a lowly division rival to surrender a chance to win its way into the playoffs. Nearly a week later, the Colts owner addressed the club's lingering disappointment.
Mike Vrabel: Titans to decide on Derrick Henry's status vs. Bengals on Friday
Titans coach Mike Vrabel told reporters Thursday that running back Derrick Henry is "progressing well" as he ramps up ahead of Saturday's Divisional Round game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Chiefs LB Willie Gay Jr. arrested for misdemeanor criminal damage
Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Willie Gay Jr. was arrested Wednesday night in Overland Park, Kansas, for misdemeanor criminal damage, according to the Johnson County Sheriff's Office.
Jerick McKinnon giving Chiefs 'all kinds of confidence' he can contribute after performance vs. Steelers
The Chiefs' backfield received a boost from Jerick McKinnon during their wild-card win over the Steelers. Could McKinnon be called on again in the Divisional Round vs. the Bills?
NFL injury updates, latest league news from Thursday, Jan. 20
The Buccaneers are still without a number of offensive starters at practice. Center Ryan Jensen, RT Tristan Wirfs and RB Ronald Jones were listed as DNPs again. Also, the latest NFL roster and injury news from Thursday.
Mike McCarthy has 'great confidence' in himself as Cowboys coach: 'I know how to win in this league'
The dust has settled in Arlington. Now it's time to determine just how solid the footing is under Mike McCarthy. The Cowboys coach has been forced to answer questions about his job status following last week's loss to San Francisco.
Howie Roseman: Eagles 'expected more from' Jalen Reagor at this point
Jalen Reagor caught one pass for two yards in the Eagles' wild-card defeat. He also muffed two punts, losing the first and the slim chance Philadelphia had of staging a massive comeback.
NFL files motion to dismiss Jon Gruden lawsuit, compel arbitration
The NFL on Wednesday filed a motion to dismiss lawsuits filed by Jon Gruden on Nov. 12 against the league and Commissioner Roger Goodell alleging the parties sought to raze Gruden's career with the release of private emails in which the former Raiders head coach used misogynistic, homophobic and racist terms.
Mason Rudolph, Dwayne Haskins excited at prospect of competing to be Steelers' QB1 next season
Steelers quarterbacks Dwayne Haskins and Mason Rudolph are each relishing the chance to be the franchise's next starting quarterback.
Niners QB Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder/thumb) expected to play vs. Packers, but won't be 100 percent
Niners QB Jimmy Garoppolo is expected to play, but will not be 100 percent in the San Francisco's Divisional Round contest Saturday night against the top-seeded Green Bay Packers, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday.
Browns QB Baker Mayfield undergoes successful shoulder surgery: 'This is not the end of my story'
Baker Mayfield underwent repair for his torn labrum Wednesday and posted a short video afterward deeming it a "complete success." He is expected to begin light throwing in April, but a full recovery will require 4-6 months.